Congratulations, you are almost finished your degree! To prepare for graduation you must inform UBC. We have two convocations, one in May and one in November.
- Apply for graduation – required whether you expect to attend the ceremonies or not. Why is that? Applying to graduate also initiates the creation of your personalized graduation diploma.
- Not sure if you should apply? You can apply to graduate before completing your degree requirements. Check with the Graduate Coordinator.
- There are 4 degree conferral dates: September, November, February and May
- Check the deadlines for completing your degree requirements in time for graduation. Usually there is a February application deadline for the May ceremony and an August deadline for November. Students completing in September will attend the November ceremony and respectively, February completion will attend the May ceremony.
- If you are a doctoral student, prepare your doctoral citation and review it with your supervisor
- Find out the date of your graduation ceremony