The BMB EDI committee is focusing on the following areas under this objective. Additional suggestions and feedback are always welcome (see contact information on the EDI homepage).
- Mandatory TA training in EDI for all graduate students
- Clear and transparent reporting procedure for EDI related concerns in regards to course content, student conduct or instructor-student interactions
- Increase accessibility and promotion of our undergraduate and graduate programs to attract and support diverse students
- EDI consideration for recruitment to graduate school
- Create a “how to” documents with advice on navigating undergraduate lab opportunities, applying to graduate school, applying for PDFs, etc.
- Incorporate EDI into the next curriculum review
- Increased transparency in the Honours Program requirements and program navigation
- Leverage the UBC EIO / CTLT resources for inclusive teaching and resources (course design, syllabus, teaching etc).
“What I wish my professor knew” YouTube video describing experiences of first-generation and low income students at Stanford (7min)
“Is everyone really equal?” Introduction to social justice education (book)
Equity and Inclusion Office – Teaching Assistant Workshops